Great Leeds United 100 year anniversary treks
Getting fit, creating lasting memories, trekking with Leeds United Legends – making a difference to our community
- Snowdon summit trek (to be decided)
- Yorkshire 3 Peaks Friday 08th May 2020
- Billys Bar Reunion and medal ceremony Weds 03rd June 7:30 pm
The Leeds United Foundation is the official charity for Leeds United Football Club.
Part of the Leeds family, the organisation aims to use the power of sport to educate, motivate, inspire and support people throughout the local Leeds community – a catalyst to improve peoples lives.
There is a fantastic group of staff that work tirelessly behind-the-scenes on the various programmes delivered by the charity, helping to change and impact lives.
We will make a difference.
We will march on together.
In addition to assisting others from your fundraising efforts here is what is in it for you:
- Discover what the foundation does with a personal invitation to attend a foundation event
- Get to meet and chat with former Leeds stars
- Meet a board member* and find out what is really going at Leeds United HQ
- FREE stadium tour exclusive
- FREE membership card for GoOutdoors Leeds (York Road store)
- Extra discount on outdoor clothing
- Complimentary build up treks to aid your conditioning
- FREE 1:1 fitness coaching (platinum trekkers)
- Lots more..*subject to the end of season availability
What does it entail?
A trek up and down Snowdon, the full Yorkshire 3 Peaks route and a reunion at Billy’s Bar with food and medals issuing.
The Yorkshire 3 Peaks is a tough challenge that requires great levels of walking fitness and a body that is conditioned for whatever the weather conditions are on the day (our events are rarely cancelled – we haven’t had to cancel one yet)
You will have 7000 feet of up and down hills to contend with too.
For the more capable, we have a sprint option which means you will start slightly later and your aim is to catch and go past those before you, you can run or walk fast but are likely to finish the route in under 8 hours and your finish time recorded.
You will be looked after by Mountain Leaders, first aiders, refreshments, support transport (if it is needed due to injury etc) and marshals keeping their eyes on your progress the whole way, you will be supported pre-event with free build up treks, free gear advice if needed, and for the platinum level of fundraisers a FREE trek up and down Snowdon.
After the event, you will be treated to a reunion at the Leeds United Billy’s bar, shown a video of the 3 Peaks day along with certificates, medals and other awards being issued, for those who have achieved their platinum level targets you will also receive your Leeds United Limited Edition Gore-Tex Jacket! The reunion meeting will allow representatives from the Foundation to tell you what it is your much-needed money will be used for. Food will be a 2-course meal with any proceeds after costs being used towards the Foundations fundraising along with a fun high / low Leeds United prize game.
This is a LIMITED place event – we only have 200 places with existing pledges for places already taken – if you are interested then book your place/s quickly.
The vital fundraising
There are 3 levels of the fundraising target to choose from
- Level 1 Silver £200 – FREE Stadium tour
- Level 2 Gold £500 – FREE reunion ticket / FREE Stadium tour / FREE Snowdon Trek
- Level 3 Platinum £1000 – FREE reunion ticket / FREE Stadium tour / FREE Limited Edition 100 Year Leeds United Gore-Tex Jacket /FREE Snowdon trek + FREE Legend reunion table place
To march on with Leeds United and take part in this epic trek book here: